It’s the New Year and for most of us, this means improving the way we do things. The same also goes for business owners too. Keeping ahead with your security means that you’ll be keeping ahead of any potential threats to your business, your people, and your premises. Feeling safe and secure in your own home is one thing, however, feeling safe and secure in the workplace is equally important.
And, if you’re keen to make sure that your business is safe and secure, then you’ve probably thought about installing CCTV.
So what are the benefits of CCTV?
- CCTV or Closed Circuit TV is used to both act as a visual deterrent and to monitor activity that takes place within your business or your home. Its rise in popularity over the past 50 years has meant that more and more businesses are using it as a form of security both internally and externally, to monitor staff and to monitor intruders.
- It’s a great way to secure your business if you’re on a budget. If you need to secure your business but don’t have the budget to afford a manned guard resource, CCTV can ensure that your business stays ahead. Camera technology has improved over the past few years and is now sharper and records in HD. Clearer images mean that you can easily identify intruders, staff or even trespassers. Some CCTV can connect to your smart phone so you can watch live feeds, no matter where you are!
- Security, on call, 24/7. Unlike manned guards or mobile patrols, CCTV records activity at your premises, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so it’s essentially the perfect employee. But to get the best out of CCTV, you need to pair it with a security provision that offers you a full service. A reputable total security services company will provide your business with a 24 hour monitored surveillance control rooms, guards, and alarms.
- Protect your employees, guests, and premises with CCTV. When people enter your business premises, they become your responsibility. CCTV cameras can give you, your business and employees and guests added protection and peace of mind from the threat of intruders, trespassers, and disgruntled customers or suppliers. Serious incidents, health and safety issues and dangerous situations can all be captured on camera and reviewed to ensure that they are not repeated in the future. If you or your business falls into a dispute or is a target for criminal activity, any recordings can be used to provide evidence.
- Lower your insurance premiums and your financial risks. One of the benefits of CCTV is that it can greatly reduce your premiums, making it a great way to ensure that your suppliers and investors keep an interest in your business. Installing CCTV demonstrates the levels that you go to ensure that your business and assets are protected, making it a financially viable option.
On its own, CCTV is a great method of prevention, however, it really benefits business owners when it is teamed with additional security services that form part of a wider security focus. For more details about the benefits of CCTV, read our CCTV article or find out more about it can be the ideal addition to your security provision.